Reflecting on today's sketching activity, I found connecting math to the surrounding nature and man-made objects very interesting, as this was the first time I had ever done something like this. The activity encouraged me to stop and think about the different ways I could identify and implement lines and angles into various objects surrounding me, something that had never crossed my mind before. At the same time, sitting down and taking the time enjoy the surroundings were very relaxing for me, as I was able to immerse myself as part of the nature. The quiet environment this morning also allowed me to focus and make connections better, and I really appreciated it, especially given how much distractions we have in our daily lives with phone and technology. I will definitely keep this activity in mind and possibly incorporating it to my future math classes.
At the same time, I also enjoyed listening to my classmates' reflection towards the end of the class. The discussion brought out different perspectives from each group about what it means to be a reflective teacher and different ways that we can build on as we continue to grow in our career. I really appreciated the hindsight shared by my peers, as they helped me understand more about the different aspects of teaching and gave me suggestions on preparing my future career as a teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment